Wow, I’m feeling the love out there ladies and gents.
I was nominated a second time for a Liebster Nomination by Pregnancy Via IVF @ Our Work of A.R.T. Thanks lady! Now, let’s get to those questions…
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? I’ve never really been an adventurous sort of person. I guess I’d just like to live somewhere warm, with a low crime rate and good job selection. –That’s boring, right? Okay, Hawaii!
- What is your favorite food? I eat Mexican food at least three times a week, but a good, homemade lasagna (either my grandmother’s or my own) would be a winner.
- What is your favorite holiday and why? Christmas. Even though we have to travel around the state to visit both sides of the family (eek). I love the decorations and the food and the lounging around with family.
- If you could be any person for just one day who would you be? Maybe Tina Fey. She’s hilarious and rich and she doesn’t give a crap (or appear to give a crap) what anyone thinks of her. She is the embodiment of girl power.
- If you could have dinner with 3 people, dead or alive, who would they be? Christopher Walken (although I think he’s probably terrifying), Tina Fey (hilariousness) and Jon Stewart (because he’s awesome). Of course i’m exceptionally shy, so I doubt I’d speak one word at my fictional dinner.
- What is your favorite season? Fall. I love the colors, the decor and the smells of fall. Pumpkin Spice candle from Yankee Candle, anyone?
- If you could change anything about yourself what would it be? I’d say maybe the ability to let things go. When someone says something that I think is ridiculous, I do not have the ability to stop myself from saying what I think. I’m getting better, but I still get a bit snippy at times. I also hold a wicked grudge.
- What’s the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you? When I was in elementary school, my friends and I decided that running across the bleachers and jumping onto the next set was a super fun idea. Well, I misjudged one of the distances and ended up landing right on the edge, with my crotch. I fell to the ground in unbearable pain, crying, and curled up into a ball. If that wasn’t bad enough, a crowd had formed and when the teacher came to help, she asked me what hurt. I told her I couldn’t tell her right at that second, but I guess there was a rule that said she couldn’t move me until I had notified everyone in the area what hurt. So I had to say “I hit my lady parts on the corner of the bleacher.” (Not sure of the exact wording, but it probably went a little like that and featured some snotting and blotchy red face). The confession of my injury got a really good laugh out of everyone, along with some finger pointing. Kids can be so cruel. My vagina eventually healed.
- If you could pick one super power to have what would it be and why? I have always said that my super power of choice would be to be able to find missing people and know what happened to them. There are thousands and thousands of people who are just… gone. Where are they? How could that many people just vanish? I want to know where they are and what happened to them so that their families can have closure. Or, if they left because their families are horrible people, I can tell the police and the horrible people can be locked up while the missing person goes on about their lives in sunny-wherever.
- What is your favorite movie of all time? The Muppet Christmas Carol. I know.. I’m a huge dork, but if you can watch that movie and not feel all the love and joy in your body trying to burst out of your heart, then you may not have a heart. Get that checked out.
- Why do you blog? I blog so that I can remember what I’m going through. The emotions, the treatments, the anger and the happiness. I wish I had started with my IUI’s, but that probably would have been way too angry for anyone to enjoy.
Now, I know I’m supposed to nominate people for a Liebster myself, but I’ve noticed that a lot of people are either choosing not to do them at all, or they are being nominated more than once and do not wish to keep doing it again and again. I, myself, do not mind answering questions. It brings me back to the good old days of my first online diary and the stupid things I wrote as a teenager. Those were some scary times, folks.
So, since our community seems to be a bit small for nominations to continue like they are, I’ve decided that I am going to nominate everyone who wants to do it. Anyone who follows this blog, happens to stumble across it, or just likes answering questions in survey form, is welcome to join in on the fun. I hope some of you do!
1. What is your favorite webpage to visit? Why?
2. What is the most difficult habit you have that you’ve tried to break and couldn’t?
3. What is your favorite TV show? Why?
4. If you could have any animal as a pet, what would it be?
5. Are you more interested in what’s in space or what’s in the ocean? Why?
6. What is your favorite smell?
7. Do you have an all-time favorite picture? Why is it your favorite? (Post it if you can!)
8. If you were to make a smoothie right now, what would you put in it?
9. If you could eat something for dinner that wasn’t considered dinner (Ex: Reese Cups), what would it be?
10. What was your least favorite subject in school? Why? Do you still have nightmares about it?
11. What would your dream job be?
Enjoy, folks! I look forward to seeing your answers! 🙂