Thanks to Truffle Love @ BFP Envy for a Liebster nomination! I am overjoyed and honored to be thought of. I’ve been a bit slack with my posts lately, but maybe this will give me a jump start. 🙂
Now, let’s answer those questions and I’ll put my nominations up some time this week…
- Where is the most exciting place you have traveled to? I just recently visited Hawaii with my husband and his family. We went to Oahu and stayed for nine days. It was beautiful, but I must admit that the tourists (of which I was one) were a bit distracting from the natural landscape and beauty that the islands possess. I’m hoping they will always remember that the islands are special and beautiful and take care to keep them that way. Is it strange to want to visit a place but also be off-put by all the people visiting and making a place too touristy? Hmm…
- Do you prefer chips or cookies? Chips! I am a salt’o’holic! I love a chocolate chip cookie, but I can only eat a few of those at a time. Give me a bag of chips and I can finish them off in no time!
- Coffee or tea? Tea! Sweet tea to be exact…. I am from North Carolina after all. 🙂
- What is one thing you always carry with you in your purse? Lotion! If I don’t put lotion on my hands every 30 minutes then the world may stop spinning. It boarders on obsession, really. I have very dry hands and can’t stand to be lotionless. I will stop at a drug store to buy lotion even if I’m on the way home and only have five minutes. Seriously. Sad, right?
- Do you typically wear high heels or flats? Flats. I cannot wear high heels. I have a huge arch and my toes go numb and I get a charlie horse just putting my feet into a high heeled shoe. Watching other people walk around in high heels makes me cringe because I think of how bad they hurt my own feet. You rock em if you can, ladies!
- What’s your favorite alcoholic beverage? A good strawberry daiquiri is always appreciated. I prefer my alcohol to not taste like alcohol.
- What is your favorite book and why? Oh, yikes. I’m an English major with a love for reading, so let’s try to answer this in the shortest possible way. I love all the Harry Potter books. I think the story is so marvelously put together it’s almost too good to be true. The book Lamb by Christopher Moore is easily the funniest book I’ve ever read. I mean, it’s the story of Jesus told from the point of view of his best friend, Biff, what’s not to like? Also the book The Varieties of the Scientific Experience: A Personal View of the Search for God by Carl Sagan is great and really helped me through my miscarriage last year. A view of the world with science and logic and common sense was exactly what I needed at the time. Also, The Time Machine by H.G. Wells is so amazing. A view on what the world looks like hundreds of thousands of years into the future and how society behaves. Then how the world ends. Beautifully written and amazing to think about. Wow, I could go on forever…. but I’ll stop now. 😉
- If you won a million dollars, what is the first big purchase you would splurge on? I would buy my parents and my sister new houses and cars. My splurge for myself would probably be a huge clothes shopping spree! Yea new clothes!
- Who is your celebrity crush? Oh my… I can’t really narrow this down. I’ll just put it this way, if there is a cute, dorky guy, I will prefer him over the chiseled, tanned guy. Examples: One the show Bones, I would go for Sweets before Booth. Big Bang Theory would be Stewart before… uh, I guess they are all dorks. Criminal Minds would be Spencer before Derek. Parks and Rec would be Ben before Chris…. and so on. Show me a sweet, smart, dorky guy and that’s the one I’ll crush on.
- What is the last movie that you watched that made you cry? I went to see One Year with my friend last year. I was expecting some sort of feel good romantic comedy. WRONG!! WRONG WRONG WRONG!! That movie was horribly depressing. Stay far away!
- What is one wonderful thing you would like to share about your significant other? He loves me all the time. Who could ask for more? 🙂